28 October 2013

Another needless death from measles

There is currently a measles epidemic in the Bible Belt of the Netherlands. People have been withholding the measles vaccine (and others) from their children because – according to them – their god doesn't want them to vaccinate their children.

As a result, 2016 patients with measles have been counted since May 2013. There were several hospitalisations, and now, the first confirmed death, an unvaccinated 17 year old girl. She died during the weekend (October 26-27, 2013). Original message (in Dutch): http://www.rivm.nl/Documenten_en_publicaties/Algemeen_Actueel/Nieuwsberichten/2013/Meisje_overleden_na_mazeleninfectie

I'm sure these parents and their god are very pleased. I, on the other hand, am not. But then, I am just a filthy atheist who will burn in hell for all eternity, courtesy of the Loving God. I weep, and not because I am afraid of the terrible Yahweh.

No comments:

Post a Comment